Friday, September 4, 2009

Finding the right course for the right price

Many of us in Chicago are constantly searching on-line and trying to find where do I golf and how much is that course going to cost me? Is it a good course? How hard is it? How long does a round take there? Do they have a beer cart girl? etc....

I have lived in Chicago for 8 years going on 9 and remember the days when growing up I didn't pay because of the luxury I have had by having a family that belonged to the Kokomo Country Club in Kokomo, IN, I was on the HS golf team and played for a year at Huntington College in Huntington, IN. Golf was cheap and I loved life. Then I moved to Chicago.

Golf courses in Chicago are overpriced, slow, have golfers who do not understand that this is a gentlemans game, and the golf course just doesn't fit the bill. What I plan on doing with this blog is to start letting you know more about the courses in Chicago and how do they fit the average golfer, offer ways to help improve your game ( I am not going to offer swing lessons), who offers tee times, what does a course costs, where they offer discounts on-line, etc....

I will let you know where a guy who shoots a 110 should play to a guy that shoots 70 should play. Every course is different and offers something for everyone. There are golf courses that are confident boosters and courses that will set you back three years. Where are they and why do I think that.

I have played a lot of them in Chicago however, I have not played all of them yet. I have my favorites, my least favorites, and why the hell is this even a golf course.

In the near future a plan is put in place to offer a website with links to discount areas by golf course, links to the discount sites, and the best places to get fitted for golf clubs and putters. Yes, getting fitted for a putter. Everyone should get properly fitted for a putter. You spend a good majority of the time on the green so why would you just buy something off the shelf.

You could say this is just another blogger who golfs and you would be right however, what you don't understand is that I know more than most of you about the game. I do not know more than a pro or a top amateur however, I do know more about the game then the average golfer and that is what you are an average golfer.

Until next time,

Great swing and let me know where you find those deals,

Trent

By the way, my grammar is not the best and something I am working on. Therefore, that is why I am starting a blog. Feel free to send grammar corrections and I will be glad to change any and all errors that I make



No comments:

Post a Comment